Monday 11 June 2007

At least Somebody is Watching or in Fear

SHAH ALAM: Its been raining heavily in TTDI Jaya the last few days. We were spared floods this time around but the same cannot be said about Kuala Lumpur. Our thoughts and prayers for those affected by the flash floods last week and on Sunday.

I heard about the KL floods on Sunday while watching Tv3 Midnite news. The first thing that came to mind was the fact that it was lucky that I went back home early.

I left my office at Jalan Tun Razak about 1pm. I was supposed to be working until 7pm but due to system failure, my colleague and me left for home early. It was a lucky break otherwise both of us would have been stuck in KL that night.

Anyhow when I fetched my son at school today I saw two excavators busy patching up the wall of the earth drain. Since its been raining heavily the last few days, the gushing water from the cleared land have been wreaking havoc on the earth drain.

I cannot believed that MBSA had not order Guthrie Properties to make the drain into concrete culvert. I know its more expensive but it will certainly prevent any chance of floods in TTDI Jaya.

By grace of god, the drain remained standing even with the heavy rains in the last few days. But the excavators at the site today clearly revealed that the drain and its walls are fragile. Another bout of heavy rain might just cause it to fail.

Lets hope its after school hours.


No comments: